27 Jan How Healthy is Your Back? Schedule a Chiropractic Visit to Find Out!
Back health is directly related to overall health. Postural and spinal analysis can uncover underlying vertebral dysfunction that can alter many important bodily functions by affecting the nervous system and causing a skeletal imbalance. All of these conditions can cause pain or lower resistance to disease.
Why Is a Healthy Back Important?
The American Chiropractic Association reports that more than 31 million Americans suffer from chronic back pain–especially in the lower back–on a daily basis. If you’ve never had issues with your back before, that doesn’t mean that will always be true. The National Institutes of Health estimate that 80% of all Americans will experience lower back pain eventually. This pain can come from chronic conditions, posture, overuse, injuries, slips and falls, and so many other causes.
Your back is the supporting structure of your entire body. If there are misalignments, inflammation, muscle tension and atrophy, pain, neuropathy, and many other symptoms can manifest. The longer a misalignment is present, the more inflammation your body creates that will break down cartilage between the joints, causing severe pain. Diet, exercise, chiropractic adjustments, and healthy life decisions are so important to keeping your back healthy. The healthier your back is to begin with, the less likely you are to sustain an injury later on.
What Is Chiropractic Care?
The ACA suggests proper spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustment to relieve tension placed on the musculoskeletal system, especially the back. Our chiropractic specialists provide natural, drugless and especially non-invasive hands-on techniques to correct problems associated with the body’s muscular, nervous and skeletal systems. We often pair our spinal manipulations and chiropractic adjustments with other therapies such as electrical nerve stimulation, ultrasound and vibration therapy to pinpoint areas with trigger points or herniated discs in the body and fix them. Essentially, we use our hands and natural therapy aids to realign your back and spine, then give you tools to keep your back healthy and pain-free.
What Does Chiropractic Care Look Like?
Chiropractic care is a form of holistic healing that seeks to correct a problem, rather than mask it with medications or surgeries. We believe that a healthy spine follows a proper and natural alignment, allowing the body to carry itself and perform daily tasks with ease.
The spine can become misaligned through injury, overuse, and even simple tasks such as picking something up off the floor or turning wrong. When joints and bones are misaligned, it causes compressed or herniated discs. This means that the nerve has been compressed, causing inflammation, pain, neuropathy, and other localized symptoms.
Our chiropractic specialists will apply a small amount of focused pressure to the area that is misaligned or painful. This pressure helps move the joints and muscles from their frozen and misaligned state back to their proper position. There is usually a small popping noise when chiropractic adjustment is done, followed by immediate relief of pain in many cases. This popping and creaking follows normal spinal function, as the spine tends to pop and creak throughout the day—you probably just don’t notice it.
We can also provide light-force adjustment that will use lighter focused pressure in all the areas of the back. This means that we can also naturally treat children, senior citizens and expectant mothers for their back pain. Spinal decompression is also another popular spinal therapy that will slowly and gently stretch the spine, helping joints and bones fall back into place naturally.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
For over a century, doctors of chiropractic have been providing health care for those in need and now chiropractic medicine is one of the largest health care professions in the world. The amazing health benefits is what helps chiropractic care grow larger and more popular. Here are some benefits of chiropractic care for the back:
- The treatment process is non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical, as it is a natural, holistic form of healing.
- Patients can leave one appointment feeling pain-free or significantly reduced pain. Results get better with each subsequent visit.
- Studies show a better immune system performance. The nervous system and immune system work together to create optimal responses for the body to adapt and heal properly. Spinal misalignments create neural dysfunctions that are stressful to the body and trigger abnormal actions and a poorly coordinated immune response. Regular chiropractic adjustments have been shown to boost the cooperative roles of the nervous system and immune system.
- Proven pain relief for chronic pain in the back. More than 22 million people see a chiropractor annually, with about 35% receiving help for back pain. A large portion report pain elimination or a significant decrease in pain.
- Patients receive increased flexibility and joint mobility. When bones and joints are out of alignment, you can experience pain, reduced range of motion, poor flexibility and challenges with balance and coordination. Chiropractic care works to realign areas that are out of balance and to make the spinal adjustments necessary to restore proper function.
- Chiropractic care uses multiple types of therapy aids depending on what method of treatment works best for a patient. Ultrasound, trigger point therapy and electrical stimulation are all technologies incorporated in chiropractic medicine that works to improve your flexibility and range of motion.
- Reduced stress is one benefit that can happen because muscle tension and contraction relaxes. The muscles will no longer have unnatural pressure on the spine caused by misalignments, which can reduce physical and mental stress.
How Healthy Is Your Back? Find Out!
How healthy is your back? Come in for a chiropractic consultation and see! If misalignments and chronic issues are found, you could be part of the 27+ million Americans successfully treated for pain and spinal problems. Chiropractic medicine is a natural and drugless alternative to invasive surgeries and medicines that mask your symptoms. To have your free consultation, call Mile High Spine & Pain Center today at (720) 507-0080!