Anti-Inflammatory / Joint Injections
No one looks forward to a medical procedure involving needles, but a quick injection could eliminate chronic and life altering pain. The right injections can offer relief from nerve, joint, muscle, and spinal pain in just hours. At our Westminister area clinic, we combine these kinds of immediate relief with other treatments that repair the cause of the inflammation for permanent results. You don’t have to live with a lifetime of pain or a reliance on medication when a simple anti-inflammatory injection can help you get relief now.
What Are Anti-Inflammatory Joint Injections?
Anesthetic shots can relieve nerves that keep sending out signals of pain due to compression or joints that hurt due to arthritis or wear and tear. Since these chemicals relieve inflammation in general, they reduce swelling and heat in addition to pain. The needle is used to penetrate into the joint or area around the nerve so the medications are delivered right where they are needed. Soft tissue can also be treated successfully with this type of therapy.
The Benefits Of Anti-Inflammatory Injections
If the provider at Mile High Spine & Pain Center decides you are a good candidate for anti-inflammatory injections, you can expect to see results like:
- Localized pain relief – irritation in just one knee can be solved without affecting the rest of your body.
- Rapid relief – the pain could start fading before you even leave the office.
- Long lasting results – one injection could last weeks.
- Few side effects – you will not have to miss work for weeks, as you will with surgical options.
- Restored range of motion – relieving inflamed muscles and nerves could help you move more freely.
- Dependability – these injections usually work even for patients that do not respond to other pain killers.
- Quick – there is no need for long healing periods or hours of treatment in the office.
- Stop arthritic progression- adding a replacement substance to a knee joint can help decrease further deterioration caused by arthritis.
What Problems Can Be Treated With These Injections?
Anti-Inflammatory injections can treat conditions including but not limited to:
- Back pain, neck pain, and other forms of chronic pain
- Reoccurring headaches and migraines
- Sciatica and other types of inflammation that affect the hip
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Pinched nerve
- Knee pain due to injuries, age, or joint degeneration
- Shoulder inflammation and limited range of movement in the elbow or wrist
While anti-inflammatory injections are great temporary treatments for pain, they cannot resolve the originating cause of the problem. At Mile High Spine & Pain Center we use these techniques to quickly help patients feel better. It is crucial, however, to follow up with further diagnostics and other complementary treatments. Investing in anti-inflammatory reduction before chiropractic care or spinal adjustments will only make them more effective in the long run. With the right treatments, you could discover that you are free of swelling and pain when the injections wear off and the other treatments have resolved the issue. Contact us today to take the first step towards eliminating pain.
If you are suffering from joint pain or inflammation, the team at Mile High Spine & Pain Center is ready to help. Mile High Spine & Pain Center provides specialized treatment plans for patients in Westminster and Broomfield and can help you understand where your symptoms are coming from and what it will take to improve.
Call (720) 507-0080 today to schedule your free consultation!