28 Jun Relief for the Most Common Health Conditions
Do you have aches and pain often? How about daily heartburn or headaches? There are many mild health problems that may cause symptoms such as nausea, headaches, dizziness, fatigue and more. Some of the most common health conditions such as arthritis, back injuries, poor nutrition and compressed nerves can cause these problems. Find out what causes many mild, but persistent health conditions and what you can do to relieve your symptoms!
Contrary to popular belief, arthritis is not a single disease; it is an umbrella term for joint pain or joint disease. Actually, there are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions. Arthritis strikes all ages, genders, and races. It is the leading cause of disability in America. According to Arthritis Foundation statistics, more than 50 million adults, and 300,000 children, have some type of arthritis.
If you are battling arthritis, one of the first things you should do is take the time for a nutritional assessment. Your diet can fight common arthritic symptoms and help keep others at bay. The body requires a balance of healthy fats and nutrients so that your joints can have help rebuilding the cartilage that you have lost. Our Broomfield clinic is equipped to test you for environmental and food sensitivities to ensure your are receiving the proper fuel for good health and vibrance.
In addition to a nutritional assessment, we prescribe the following treatments for arthritis. A combination of treatment methods often yield the best results:
- Anti-Inflammatory Joint Injections. Arthritis can make your joints swollen and painful making it challenging to complete everyday tasks. Joint injections can relieve pain for months.
- Massage Therapy. Gentle manipulation and massage can restore flexibility to a stiff wrist or knee.
- Chiropractic Care. Chiropractic adjustments can be used to help release tension and improve nervous system functioning.
- Exercise Programs. Moving all of your joints will help you encourage tissue and joint regeneration. Our providers can show you how to move more easily. Going for a walk every day will help, too.
- Hot and Cold Therapy. The Arthritis Foundation recommends heat treatments (heating pads or warm baths) to treat stiff joints and tired muscles. Heat therapy is effective because it boosts circulation helping to deliver nutrients to joints and muscles. Cold therapy is best for acute pain because it helps restricts blood vessels which slows circulation and reduces swelling. It also helps by numbing nerve endings and dulling pain.
- Vibration Exercises And Rehabilitation. The gentle shaking increases blood flow throughout the body, which can speed up healing time and reduce your pain.
Continue Educating Yourself About Arthritis
Mile High Spine & Pain Center believes that empowering our patients with knowledge is key to long-term success. We help you learn how to preserve joint function, mobility and your quality of life by keeping you up-to-speed on the latest arthritis research.
Learning about disease and treatment options, planning for physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight are vital components of our patient treatment programs.
Arthritis is largely misunderstood. The Arthritis Foundation offers patients multiple resources for learning about arthritis and discovering tips improving your quality of life.
Back injuries are some of the most common injuries out there. Your back is comprised of bones, muscles, and tissues stretching from your neck all the way to your pelvis. Back injuries commonly stem from sports injuries, house or garden work, or a traumatic event like a car accident.
Your lower back is most commonly affected by injury and houses most of the back pain experienced by patients. Common back injuries include:
Back injuries can cause debilitating pain and severely disrupt everyday life. Common treatments include: medicines, icing, bed rest, physical therapy, and in severe cases, surgery.
Many back injuries can be easily prevented by maintaining a healthy weight, lifting objects with your legs, and using lower-back support when you sit for long periods.
Painkillers or surgeries are not your only recourse for treating your back pain. The advancement of spinal treatments, and the spread of chiropractic care, offer treatments minus unwelcome side effects and risks that pain medications and surgeries pose. We help Westminster and Broomfield area patients with treatments like:
- Electrical stimulation to calm irritated or damage nerves
- Spinal alignment therapy to straighten out slipped vertebrae and relieve pressure on discs
- Recommendations for braces or other support appliances to protect the back during activities that put it at risk
- Steroid shots to reduce pain in one specific area
If you are suffering from back pain, suffer no longer! Make an appointment today for a consultation.
So, just how important is nutrition? More than you might think. In the short term, poor diet produces stress, fatigue, low energy and brain fog. Overtime, poor nutrition can trigger illness and other health problems such as: overweight or obesity, tooth decay and high blood pressure.
Mindful, healthy eating keeps energy levels high throughout the day and can help prevent abrupt blood sugar spikes and crashes. Staying hydrated is another essential factor. If you are only drinking when you are thirsty then you are pushing the line of dehydration. Aim for drinking water throughout the day with meals and snacks. Proper hydration improves alertness and alleviates brain fog and fatigue.
Research shows that eating small, recurrent meals of highly nutritious foods can help keep daily fatigue from overcoming your daily goals.
Eating healthy has been shown to reduce your risk of health conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Osteoporosis and other bone-related problems
Nutrition and Mental Health
Diet impacts physical health as well as mental health. Recent research shows that a healthy diet can reduce the risk of depression and act as part of an effective treatment plan for the disease. Why? Certain foods trigger the release of chemicals in the body that mediate your moods and impede pain and inflammation.
Do You Have Signs Of Dietary Distress?
Your diet could be sabotaging your physical and mental health. Do any of the following signs look familiar:
- Ongoing fatigue that keeps you from feeling rested
- Constipation or recurring diarrhea
- Blood sugar levels that fluctuate greatly throughout the day
- Low grade aches and pains with no other cause
- Lowered immune system leaving you susceptible to illnesses
- Irritability, depression, and other mood issues
- Obesity and excess weight
- Dizziness, headaches, migraines, and brain fog
- Daily heartburn with no other cause
If you can relate to some of these symptoms, we can help. Schedule a nutritional assessment today and join a team that can help you design manageable goals. Gradual diet changes can make a big difference in your health over time.
Nerve compression refers to unnatural pressure on your peripheral nerves located in your limbs, joints, and hips. Many conditions and scenarios can lead to pressure on a vital nerve. Irritating and painful symptoms that stretch down the arm or into the feet are typical signs of a compressed nerve. If a major nerve comes under pressure from a serious issues, it can interfere with the use of the affected area, especially when complete numbness is involved.
Some pinched nerves occur as a complete accident when you’re trying to stretch for something, but others are the body’s reaction to repetitive movement. You may have a common cause like:
- Ligament and tendon misalignment, which brings pressure down on the nerve
- Fractures, sprains and other injuries that cause inflammation around nerves
- Tennis elbow or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Scarring of the nerve tissue due to illness or injury
- Bulging or herniated disk
- Dysfunction of the cervical spine
If treated properly and at an early stage, most pinched nerves are relatively easy to resolve if they are caused by a simple misalignment or sprain. Our team in serving patients in the Westminster and Broomfield area will provide treatments that include:
- Chiropractic alignment if your issues are related to a spinal curve or spinal dysfunction
- Massage therapy to relieve swelling and release the pressure irritating the nerve
- Changes to your routine to eliminate repetitive movements and strain
- Stress reduction techniques
- Pain control through massage and stretching to help you avoid medications or surgery
Call for a Consultation on Treating and Preventing Common Health Conditions
Aches and pains, neuropathy symptoms, headaches and other common symptoms are caused by a handful of health problems. Find out what some of the most common health conditions are, what causes those conditions and what to do by calling (720) 507-0080 today to schedule your consultation!