25 Oct Therapy Treatments Can Improve Your Health
Do you suffer from a chronic condition or debilitating pain on a regular basis? Over 31 million Americans suffer from chronic back pain. More than 54 million Americans have doctor-diagnosed arthritis, which can bring crippling pain and symptoms to the joints. 20 million in the U.S. suffer from neuropathy. These are just a few examples of crippling conditions millions of people face. However, natural therapy treatments such as chiropractic care, neuropathy treatments, joint injections and more can help you combat your symptoms and improve your health!
How Do Chronic Conditions Happen?
A chronic condition or disease is defined as a condition that lasts for more than 3 months at a time. Conditions that are long-lasting can come and go or they can be for life. The key is that length of time that they last, especially if they are accompanied by chronic pain and symptoms such as neuropathy, fatigue and more. Studies show that at least 88% of people have a chronic condition if they are over age 65. These can simply happen from age, as the body takes on wear and tear over decades of time. This can be hard on the joints, bones, organs and other tissues of the body.
Chronic conditions can also come with age if a person has certain lifestyle or health habits such as a sedentary lifestyle or a poor diet. Poor diets that lack nutrition will harm the body over time, as the tissues, organs and bodily systems don’t get the vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy. This can lead to breakdown of tissues over time, causing chronic pain or disease. Patients with chronic conditions—especially multiple—generally have a shorter lifespan without proper treatment and a change of lifestyle.
That change in lifestyle can simply be adjusting diet, exercise and receiving therapy treatments for chronic conditions to keep them controlled. Many people choose to treat their chronic conditions with surgical procedures or they mask them with narcotic pain medications. Common conditions people seek help for are heart disease, arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, COPD, cancer, stroke, and high blood pressure. Narcotics can worsen health conditions while not actually treating the problem, plus they can quickly lead to addiction. Surgical procedures can lead to permanent neuropathy, months of rehabilitation, scarring and mounting medical bills. Natural therapy treatments, on the other hand, seek to naturally heal the chronic condition itself without causing additional health problems.
What Conditions Do We Treat?
No matter what your condition is, there are always therapy treatments that can help you in some way. The most common conditions we treat are on this list. However, we do efficiently treat conditions not listed here:
- Ankle & Foot Pain
- Back Pain
- Back Pain during Pregnancy
- Bulging/Herniated Discs
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Knee Pain
- Leg Pain
- Migraine Headaches
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Muscle Spasms
- Neck Pain
- Numbness and Tingling (Neuropathy)
- Pinched Nerves
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Restless Legs and Feet
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wrist Pain
How Do We Do It?
We have many therapy treatments that can help our patients to naturally rehabilitate their bodies that include:
- Chiropractic Care: Natural, non-surgical health treatment that focuses on the health of the musculoskeletal system. Through focused pressure we apply to the vertebrae, we re-adjust the alignment of the spine so that it’s straight, helping with back pain, neuropathy and injuries.
- Dry Needle Therapy: The practice of inserting and manipulating needles into the muscle to relieve pain. This is similar, but different than acupuncture and seeks to help relieve trigger points in the body.
- Vibration Exercises: Consists of a vibration platform patients stand on. Countless vibrations are sent through the body gently, which makes the muscles contract and relax dozens of times per second, providing a solid muscular workout.
- Auto Injury Treatment: An exam done within 48 hours of a fender bender or car accident. It includes basic physical exams, x-rays, blood pressure and vital sign measurements, and manual testing of the spine and neck.
- Stem Cell Therapy: This is a form of regenerative medicine that seeks to use a patient’s own stem cells or donated stem cells to help boost the healing capabilities after injury or surgery.
- Anti-Inflammatory/Joint Injections: A great alternative to addictive painkillers, joint injections can use more natural substances to soothe pain and lubricate joints to diminish arthritic deterioration. These can be used for painful injuries as well.
- Neuropathy Treatment: When numbness, tingling, chronic pain and more strike, we can do testing to determine if the problem is neuropathy. We then utilize treatments to help bring feeling, circulation and nourishment back to damaged nerves in the body.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Knots of tension that build up in the body are called “trigger points”. These can be painful and palpable. Our massage and deep tissue massage and treatments can help remove these areas of pressure from your body.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound: Our ultrasound machine is used to image the spine and nerve center to see inflammation and damage to softer tissues and cartilage that might go unnoticed with other medical tests.
Find Natural Healing through Therapy
For surgery and injuries, patients who choose to invest in therapy can often heal much faster than patients who don’t choose therapy treatments. All of our services are designed to jumpstart your body’s own healing capabilities without surgery and narcotics. In the past, people healed their bodies naturally and you can too! By combining non-surgical medical procedures, individualized dynamic and isometric exercise, spinal manipulation and more, patients can achieve real, lasting results. If you have a chronic condition, there are therapy treatments that can help you. Call Mile High Spine & Pain Center today at (720) 507-0080 for your health evaluation and free consultation!