Auto Injury – Assessment & Treatment
It only takes one careless moment to leave drivers and their passengers in pain for the rest of their lives. If you have been in an auto accident, come in for an evaluation at our clinic as soon as possible after the accident. Waiting weeks or months could leave you suffering with compressed discs, developing bone spurs, and whiplash.
The Benefits Of Immediate Attention
The emergency responders that arrive on the scene of the accident will stabilize all parties and recommend them to seek medical attention. If the initial exam does not show signs of a concussion or internal injuries, that should not mean that you simply head home. It is best to have a full assessment done within 24 to 48 hours after an accident, even if it seemed minor. Diagnostics can rule out cracked ribs, spinal trauma, overextended necks, and other issues that can lead to permanent damage. Some injuries will not even start showing symptoms until a few hours have passed. A little extra attention right after an auto accident can make a major difference in how you feel in one month, or even one year down the road.
What Will An Auto Injury Clinic Assessment Include?
Since Mile High Spine & Pain Center team includes numerous specialists, we can run a wide range of diagnostics and tests to rule out common injuries. Depending on the severity of your accident, the assessment at Mile High Spine & Pain Center may include:
- Basic physical exam to document bruising or catch signs of more serious internal injury
- X-rays to rule out fractures and breaks in bones throughout the body
- Measurement of blood pressure and other vital signs
- Manual testing of the spine and neck to find soreness and limited range of movement
The Importance Of Adequate Medical Records
Seeing a doctor as quickly as possible after an accident also helps you provide more proof for your insurance company. Mile High Spine & Pain Center can record damages done to your spine or muscles in the accident. If the other driver is found to be at fault, you may have all of your medical expenses covered by their insurance company. Waiting too long to record a case of whiplash or a slipped disc makes it much harder to prove the condition was caused by the accident.
Speed Up The Recovery Process
- Even if you are just a little sore from the accident, seeing a chiropractor at Mile High Spine & Pain Center can ensure your spine does not heal incorrectly and cause pain further down the road. Massage and spinal adjustments preserve proper posture during the healing process.
Mile High Spine & Pain Center offers many effective treatments for auto accident victims in the Broomfield and Westminster area. Call (720) 507-0080 today to schedule your free consultation!